Are you growing tired of the frequent repairs necessary to keep your central air conditioning system in operation each summer? How do you know when it’s time to invest in Denver air conditioning replacement service — and what are the benefits of a new, high-efficiency system anyway?
When an A/C system frequently breaks down or shows other signs of age and wear, smart homeowners take steps to evaluate and choose a new system that will save energy and money over time.
What are the signs your system might be giving that will alert you that it’s truly time for a new A/C system? If your system is displaying one or more of the signs below, you should consider investing in a new system.
- Is your A/C unit over 10 years old? After the 10 year mark, it may be time to consider an air conditioning replacement system, especially if you’re experiencing other problems as well.
- Does your A/C unit require frequent repairs? If this is the case, stop throwing cash into an old system, put the money into good use and replace the air conditioner with a more efficient, new unit.
- Does your system use old refrigerant type R-22? The EPA is currently phasing this refrigerant out. As of 2010, R-22 system manufacturers were prohibited from any further production of the product, and by the year 2020, its production will be ceased.
- Is your home humid even while your system is running? This could be as a result of leaky duct work, inadequate equipment or poor, aging equipment.
- Does your home have excessive dust? If you can no longer keep up with dust, even though you change filters regularly, it’s time to consider installing a new air conditioning system.