Your HVAC System’s Efficiency Matters
For many of us, our HVAC system can be a bit of a mystery. From the components that make it up, to the way it works, and how the system can affect our money we simply go with the flow, month to month, and pay the bills as we always do. However, there are many things that each of us could be doing to get the most out of our HVAC systems. Here are some tips from our HVAC company for you to use in your home.
Tips For HVAC System Efficiency
- Change Your Filter Frequently – Depending on where you live it could be necessary to do this on a very frequent basis. In fact, for those of us living in Denver, we should be replacing our air filters every five weeks. Higher populated areas require this, as the air quality tends to be a little bit worse than those in suburban areas.
- Seal Your Ducts – Leaky ducts tend to be the biggest factor in efficiency. Air that leaks is air that is wasted, and by sealing your ducts you can save up to 20 percent of your efficiency.
- HVAC Maintenance – Getting frequent maintenance can help you troubleshoot problems that are leading to inefficiency and can help you to avoid larger, more expensive issues. Work with a local HVAC company to get your maintenance and checkups so that you can get the most out of your system.
- Install a Programmable Thermostat – These thermostats are great for those that are frequently away from home. It allows you to set specific times for the system to be on, so that every time you arrive home you walk into a comfortable home, but it also allows you to only run your HVAC system when needed. These thermostats can save you up to $180 per year, but there are also incentives that you can earn a rebate from using programmable thermostats.
- Install Energy Star Equipment – Of course, it’s of the utmost importance that you have the proper size unit for your home, but having the right brand of HVAC system can also serve you well. Energy Star systems are some of the most efficient products out there, and here in Denver, Xcel offers rebates on these systems. Simply submit your receipt before July 13th within the year you made your purchase and get a rebate. You’ll also receive other rebates on the energy you save every month.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your HVAC system and are in need of a quality HVAC company in Denver, be sure to call about our HVAC services at Premier Heating and Air today.
Premier Heating and Air
1695 w. Sheri Lane
Littleton, CO 80120
- Su, Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa
- 8:00am – 8:00pm